Zucchini, chocolate chips and almond butter whipped together to create a delicious dairy-free treat! Animal rights activist extraordinaire Dani Rukin shows us how on #LunchbreakLIVE! Join the New Year’s party! For the recipe click here: http://bit.ly/2Coa5Ce
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Friday, December 29, 2017
Animal activist extraordinaire, Dani Rukin, shows us how to make a guilt-free, dairy-free, zero cholesterol holiday favorite!
Zucchini & Almond Butter, Chocolatey Chip Holiday Treat!
- 2 1/2 heaping cups grated zucchini (approximately 2 medium zucchini, squeeze out excess water)
- 1 jar chunky (or creamy) almond (or peanut) butter
- 1 1/2 flax eggs (3 Tbsp ground flax in 7 Tbsp water, per egg (in small dish, stir and let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + a few extra to sprinkle on top before baking
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top after baking, for decoration (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil 9 x 13 baking pan. Set aside.
- Stir together almond butter, zucchini, egg, maple syrup and vanilla in a large bowl until combined.
- Add in the rest of ingredients (except chocolate chips) and stir.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for thirty minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.