Christopher Lewis, a writer, standup and improv actor from Second City Hollywood is making his “Mom’s Tacos” with Beyond Meat Feisty Beef Crumbles today on #LunchBreakLIVE. Chris, a vegan for 8 years attributes his sharp timing and lean physique to being vegan. Chris performs with his indie improb group Black Don’t Crack and is a partner in a health-conscious athletic line found on IG: @simetre_athleisure and @chrislewiswashere. #JaneUnChained
Chris’ Mom’s Tacos with Beyond Meat’s Feisty Beef Crumbles
- 1 pkg Beyond Meat Feisty Crumbles
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 pkg McCormick Hot Taco Seasoning
- 2 T taco sauce, Frontera
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp Lawry’s seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream, Follow Your Heart
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 1 pkg corn tortillas
- 1 small pkg of vegan cheese (cheddar or jack) Daiya
- Sauté onions in two tablespoons of light olive oil until soft in a skillet.
- Add Beyond Meat and cook on medium heat
- Add taco seasoning and taco sauce and continue cooking for 5 minutes
- Remove contents from pan and set aside.
- Use remaining oil, a little at a time to fry the tortillas to make taco shells. Be sure the oil is hot before adding the tortilla.
- Fry tortilla to desired crispness.
- Add about 1 T of Beyond Meat mixture and fold in half. Cook to desired crispness.
- Flip over and fry on the other side.
- Remove from pan and place on plate. Add fresh chopped tomato, avocado slices, sour cream, shredded lettuce and cheese. *
- Add more taco sauce or salsa, as desired
- Enjoy! 🙂
Some of the ingredients for Chris’ Mom’s Tacos with Beyond Meat’s Feisty Beef Crumbles
Cooked taco with seasoned Beyond Meat mixture with fresh toppings
Fresh iceberg lettuce added as the final topping to provide freshness and crunch
Vanessa Marsot from Ellora Wellness with Chris Lewis was the taste tester that day