ThanksLIVING holiday countdown! An appetizer your guests will flip over: Kale Chips Drizzled with Truffle Oil! And a “cheese” plate from Miyoko’s Kitchen that’s beyond delicious! Jessica Steinberg, animal activist extraordinaire, shows us her cruelty-free secret recipe! #LunchBreakLIVE #JaneUnChained
RECIPE: Jessica Steinberg’s Stovetop Truffle Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/4 cup truffle oil, or enough to lightly coat
- Salt to taste
- Wash and dry the kale, and remove the leaves from the stems, but do not discard the stems.
- Use your hands to tear the leaves into bite size pieces, and you can also use your hands to tear the stems into smaller pieces. Keep the leaves and stems separate.
- Place a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the kale leaves to the pan, making sure not to crowd them as you dry-sauté.
- You will notice the bottoms start to crisp up. When that happens, flip them — this is easiest with your fingers or a fork. The leaves may have to be cooked in batches.
- Place crisp leaves on a pate, off to the side.
- Next dry-sauté the stems. Keep them in the pan until they get black burnt spots, then flip.
- Drizzle truffle oil on the kale chips and stems on a plate
- Add a little salt
Note: truffle oil stands up to the strong taste of kale and when combined…..it’s absolutely delicious!
Lacinato Kale aka Dinosaur Kale (stems removed)
Tartufi di Fassia Truffle Oil, and Lacinato Kale with Stems
Stove Top Kale Chips with Truffle Oil
Miyoko’s Kitchen’s Double Cream Chive (Vegan Cheese)