Patriotic Pumpkin Curry made by an heroic vegan U.S. Army Veteran, who served 3 deployments in Iraq! George McQuade rocks the kitchen, joined by vegan yoga expert & pole dancer Vanessa Marsot who rolls in for a taste test! Join the VeteransDay #LunchBreakLIVE party! #JaneUnChained
RECIPE: George McQuade’s Patriotic Pumpkin Curry
INGREDIENTS (Serves 8):
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups of organic coconut milk
- 2 cups of baked and pureed pumpkin (bake 1-2 small pumpkins until tender, remove seeds, then puree in food processor)
- 2 T of curry powder or to taste
- 2 tsp of cinnamon powder or to taste
- 1 T of freshly grated ginger or to taste
- 1/2 – 1 serrano pepper (remove seeds, depending how spicy you like it)
- 2 heads of broccoli (only use florets, not stalks)
- 2 sweet potatoes, cooked
- A few sprigs of Thai Basil for garnish
- 4 cups of cooked quinoa
- Heat water in a large saucepan.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add red peppers, coconut milk, pureed pumpkin, spices, ginger, and serrano pepper. Simmer for a few minutes until bell peppers are tender.
- Add broccoli and sweet potatoes. Cook until broccoli is tender.
- Cook 10-15 minutes until sauce is reduced, and has a stew-like consistency.
- Serve over cooked quinoa and garnish with Thai Basil.
Some of the ingredients for George’s Patriotic Pumpkin Curry
Pureed Pumkin, Cooked Quinoa and Simmering Patriotic Pumpkin Curry
George McQuade’s Patriotic Pumpkin Curry