How to make a Hot and Spicy Hungarian Mushroom Paprikas (Stew) brought to you by the Veggielitas, a Hungarian/Hawaiian team of vegan lifestyle beauty bloggers/entrepreneurs, who also raise money for the S.T.A.R.T Shelter Transport Animal Rescue Team., an organization who saves thousands of dogs & cats each year and funds spay/neuter programs for low income families. Follow their blog at: veggielitas.com and on Instagram @veggielitas.
RECIPE: Hot & Spicy Hungarian Mushroom Paprikas (Stew)
- 1 T grapeseed oil
- 1 -2 onions, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 3 c mushrooms, any type, sliced
- 4 T Hungarian paprika (World Market has Hungarian Paprika)
- 1/2 – 3/4 c vegan sour cream, Tofutti Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 4 servings of quinoa (prepared according to package directions)
- In a skillet, heat the oil.
- Add onions and saute for 10 min on medium heat until they start turning brown.
- Add a splash of water, mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and stir well for 10 minutes, on medium heat, until they start to soften
- Lower heat and mix in the paprika and the vegan sour cream.
- Cook the paprikas (stew) for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with the chopped parsley, and serve it over quinoa.
- Alternatively this can also be served over whole wheat pasta or brown rice.
Some of the ingredients for the Veggielitas’ Hot & Spicy Hungarian Mushroom Paprikas (Stew)
Fresh Chopped Parsley and Hungarian Paprika
Hot & Spicy Hungarian Mushroom Paprikas (Stew) (in the pot)
Hot & Spice Hungarian Mushroom Paprikas (Stew)