LIVE with Hollywood actress/activist Alyssa LeBlanc making her Exciting Tofu Eggless Salad Sandwich on #LunchBreakLIVE! No one even has to know it’s cruelty-free! Find Alyssa’s adorable apron at: papibrutus.com
RECIPE: Tofu ‘Eggless’ Salad (Sandwich)
- 1 pkg. tofu, firm, rinsed & drained and preferably pressed (see video)
- 1/2 c vegan mayonnaise, such as: Follow Your Heart Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice or cider vinegar, such as Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 T Dijon mustard, such as Simple Truth Organic Dijon Mustard
- 1/2-1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 T fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 T fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 c
- scallions, diced
- a pinch of salt
- Mash the tofu in a bowl, leaving some texture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator at least half an hour before serving.
- Garnish with avocado and tomato
Makes 4 servings
Serve as a salad or make a sandwich, layering eggless salad with avocado and tomato to make an eggless tofu sandwich.
Some of the ingredients for Alyssa’s Tofu Eggless Salad (Sandwich)
Chopped fresh scallions
Alyssa’s Tofu Eggless Salad (Sandwich)
Alyssa’s Tofu Eggless Salad as a Sandwich (open face)
Alyssa’s Tofu Eggless Salad as a Sandwich