From Nashville, Tennessee, this 16 year old singer, songwriter, musician, actress, activist Samantha Bulka became vegan only six months ago. Now she aspires to be a voice for animals by helping her generation learn about animal rights and veganism. Watch this young visionary make “Vivacious Vegan Mac & Cheese” with carrots & potatoes on #LunchBreakLIVE Follow Sammy: IG: @sammybulka and sammybulka.com
RECIPE: Vegan Mac and Cheese
(Makes 2 large servings)
- 2 medium Yukon (golden/yellow) potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika(optional for heat)
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast(optional, but gives cheesier flavor)
- 1 cup water
1. Bake potatoes in the microwave for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
2. Cook your pasta according to packaging. Any grain/pasta or even gluten-free pasta works for this cheesy sauce.
3. Chop your carrots into blendable chunks.
4. Add all ingredients from the carrots through the nutritional yeast into the Vitamix(or high-speed blender).
5. Once the potatoes are done cooking, cut each potato into small chunks and place in the Vitamix.
6. Add some of the water in (about half of a cup) to make the sauce smoother.
7. Blend the ingredients, gradually to high speed, in the Vitamix until smooth and creamy. Make sure there are no carrot chunks left. You may need to add more water as you blend, about a tsp at a time.
8. Garnish with some paprika and parsley leaves. Enjoy!