How to make super fast Sundried Tomato Quinoa, 1 minute Salsa & Chocolate Chip Peanut Bites… Our speed demon in the kitchen is the amazing Chef AJ! The recipes are from her fabulous book: “Unprocessed: How to Achieve Vibrant Health and Your Ideal Weight” available on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/2x6F5Sh. Chef AJ is the creator of the Ultimate Weight Loss Program, Teleclasses ad Webinars at: eatunprocessed.com. Thanks to BLVD Kitchen for hosting #LunchBreakLIVE today for #JaneUnChained
Chocolate Chip Peanut Bites
- 2 c roasted peanuts, unsalted or other raw nut
- 2 c pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp vanilla , alcohol-free
- Place into a food processor fitted with the “S” blade and process the nuts until they are like a flour-like consistency. Do not over process or you will have a nut butter.
- Add dates, a few at a time, until the mixture clumps together.
- Stop the machine and if you can easily roll a ball from the mixture and it sticks together, you don’t need to add any more dates.
- Roll into balls or place into a non stick, silicon mold and then place into the freezer for 10 minutes
- You can also roll the balls in coconut, crushed nuts, or raw carob or cacao powder
Chef’s Note: It’s delicious when you mix in some raw cacao nibs. If you have a dehydrator, you can roll the batter into a ball, press it flat into circle and then dehydrate. It tastes just like a peanut butter cookie!
Pico de Gallo (Raw salsa)
- 1 can* organic, diced, no salt added, fire roasted tomatoes (Muir Glen)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded if you prefer it less hot
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- chopped cilantro, to taste
- Cut tomatoes in half, squeezing out extra juice and seeds and then dice.
- Place in a bowl and add the lime juice.
- Dice the shallots, garlic and jalapeño
- Add to the tomatoes
- Add the cilantro and mix together
Chef’s Note: To make preparation easier, you can place all of the whole ingredients for this salsa into a non electric, hand-driven food processor (such as Tupperware’s Power Chef Pro**) and process until the desired consistency is achieved.
Sun Dried Tomato Quinoa (made in the 3 quart Instant Pot)
- 2 c water
- 3 c quinoa
- 1 bag Sun Dried Tomatoes (Trader Joe’s)
- Set Instant Pot pressure cooker to 1 min and release the pressure at that time.
- Open and gently mix
Note: It may take up to 10 min to reach high pressure, until the 1 minute cooking time begins to count down.
*Tupperware can-opener: Doesn’t leave a sharp edge so no one, including animals perusing trash cans gets hurt!
**Power Chef Pro from Tupperware
Use promo code: “AJ” to receive a $10 discount on an Instant Pot <<<—– Click here
Chef AJ’s FB LIVE Tupperware Party on her FB Page Sept 24 at 2 pm
Chef AJ’s Cooking Class: Hands-on Instant Pot Pressure Cooking Class Tues Sept 26 sign up at: the blvdkitchen.com
Jane Velez-Mitchell filming Chef AJ for #LunchBreakLIVE at Blvd Kitchen in Sherman Oaks
Chef AJ’s Sun Dried Tomato Quinoa with Fresh Pico de Gallo (salsa)
Chef AJ’s (her book “Unprocessed: How to Achieve Vibrant Health and Your Ideal Weight”) Chocolate Chip Peanut Bites with her famous German Chocolate Cake (for Jane Velez-Mitchell’s upcoming birthday!)
Blvd Kitchen is a beautiful commercial kitchen in Sherman Oaks, CA and is the place for cooking classes, events and can be rented for events.