How to make a “Luscious Yet Lazy Buddha Bowl with Spicy Hummus Dressing!” That Snarky Vegan Girl shows us her tricks & skills in the ‘kitch’ on #LunchBreakLIVE! Also, check out the amazing VeggiDome.com which keeps vegetables fresh and crisp on your counter in plain sight! It will have you eating lots more veggies! Use promo code JANE and get 10% off. #JaneUnChained
RECIPE: That Snarky Vegan Girl’s Buddha Bowl
INGREDIENTS (for sauté)
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu, preferably pressed with a “tofu press” available on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2veAW0E
- 1 – 2 handfuls of raw broccoli
- 4 whole mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c rice, (your choice)
- 2 c spinach or spinach & kale mixture
INGREDIENTS (for dressing)
- 1/4 c hummus (store bought or make your own if you’re not lazy like me)
- hot sauce, to taste (I used chipotle red pepper)
- water (enough to achieve desired consistency of the hummus)
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Bragg’s aminos, to taste
DIRECTIONS (for dressing)
- In a small bowl combine about two heaping tablespoons of hummus
- Slowly add some water and stir until you get the desired consistency. Add additional water, as needed, so it’s similar to pourable dressing.
- Add Bragg’s
- Mix in nutritional yeast (or more if desired)
- Add hot sauce
- Mix until thoroughly blended
- Set aside for now
DIRECTIONS (for sauté)
- Cut tofu into cubes. Lightly spray with oil. (omit oil if you choose)
- Put tofu in air fryer at 390 degrees F for about 20 minutes
- Steam broccoli till desired tenderness, then drain.
- Water sauté sliced mushrooms and add greens when mushrooms are tender.
- Then sauté together till greens shrink down.
- Cook rice in instant pot (or stove top)
- Arrange neatly in a bowl.
- Pour dressing over veggies and sprinkle with chipotle chili powder.
Some of the ingredients for That Snarky Vegan Girl’s Buddah Bowl with the Veggie Dome which keeps vegetables fresh on your counter for several days. (Use promo code JANE and get 10% off of the VeggiDome). The Phillips Air Fryer, makes food taste fried without any oil.
That Snarky Vegan Girl’s Buddah Bowl with Spicy Hummus Dressing