How to make Tofuevos, a Mexican style egg dishes with tofu instead of cholesterol-laden chicken eggs! Vegan veterinarian, Dr Daniela Castillo, DVM – who does not eat her patients – creates a delicious surprise with a south of the border flavor! Join our fiesta! Check out VAPA, the Veterinary Assoc for the Protection of Animals and share this information with your veterinarian about this organization.
Recipe: Mexican Tofuevos
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp. crumbled bread
- 1 tbsp. preferred oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, cut in very small pieces
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Drain, squeeze and drain again the tofu block.
- Crumble it with your hands.
- Add nutritional, yeast, turmeric powder and crumbled bread and mix together with fork.
- Start warming up oil. Add onions, then tomatoes and pepper. Sautée a little bit and then add tofu. Then mix together and add salt and pepper. Cook for a little bit. Then add cilantro and cover 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with side of cooked black beans, and sliced avocado.
- Cut one tortilla in fourths, grab one piece in a shape of a spoon, add a bit of everything, top with salsa!
- corn tortillas
- avocado, sliced
- black beans cooked (try cooking them with dry leaves of avocado tree, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
Jane shooting LunchBreakLIVE as Daniela Castillo prepares Tofuevos
Tofuevos with Black Beans, Avocado with Fresh Salsa
Tortilla Triangle (in the shape of a spoon) for eating Tofuevos