Paige Parsons Roache aka Veganramamama makes her signature Rama Bowl and teaches us about all things delicious & nutritious for the body, mind and spirit today on #LunchBreakLIVE! Paige is an Ambassador for the 5 Gyres Organization and will talk about single use plastic pollution and what you can do about this monumental problem impacting our environment, and especially the oceans. #JaneUnChained
VeganRamaMama’s Signature Rama Bowl
Prep time 15 mins * Cook time 10 min * Makes 2-4 servings
- 1 c uncooked Basmati rice/ quinoa/millet
- 1 bunch of raw kale
- 1 package of cooked lentils from Trader Joe’s
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 2 c variety of seasonal fresh veggies
- 1/4 c kalmata olives
- olive oil (optional for sautéeing)
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp “Real” salt or salt of your choice
- 1 tsp of various nuts & seeds
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- tamari/spicy sauce, to taste
1. Cook the rice/quinoa/millet according to instructions, until soft; keep on low heat for 5 minutes, leaving lid on until ready to serve.
2. Break up kale into bite size pieces, massage with olive oil, lemon and a touch of salt. Leave to soften.
3. Chop up your favorite mixed seasonal veggies, including tomatoes, avocado, red peppers, purple cabbage, carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms and more.
4. Sauté mushrooms and onions in olive oil over warm heat until golden.
5. Add lentils to the sauté mixture and warm on low heat for 5 mins.
6. Spoon in 1/4 – 1/2 cup of warm rice/quinoa/millet into bowl, add sauté mix on half of the bowl, then fill out the rest with fresh raw veggies, including the softened kale.
6. Top with shredded carrots and chopped olives.
7. Add nuts, seeds and nutritional yeast to your preference.
8. Sprinkle balsamic vinegar, tamari sauce, or your favorite spicy sauce to taste. Enjoy!
VeganRamaMama with her signature Rama Bowl