Get ready for the Long Beach Vegan Festival Saturday, July 8th! Organizer Kawani Brown of craftyearthmama.com, healthybabiesandkids.com and author of childrens' books, "Where Does Dinner Come From" and "My Mama's Milk makes a kid friendly Kale salad & BBQ Lentils today on #LunchBreakLIVE. Find Kawani Brown's books here: http://amzn.to/2tCdubD #JaneUnChained
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Thursday, June 29, 2017
Get ready for the Long Beach Vegan Festival Saturday, July 8th! Organizer Kawani Brown of craftyearthmama.com, healthybabiesandkids.com and author of childrens’ books, “Where Does Dinner Come From” and “My Mama’s Milk makes a kid friendly Kale salad & BBQ Lentils today on #LunchBreakLIVE. Find Kawani Brown’s books here: http://amzn.to/2tCdubD #JaneUnChained
BBQ Lentil Sliders
These are super easy to prepare. To make it even simpler, I make them in our rice cooker. You can also use a regular pot on stove top, crock pot or instant pot. It takes about 40 minutes in the rice cooker until the lentils are tender. Your cooking time will obviously vary if you use one of the other methods above.
- 1 c lentils
- 3 c water
- 2 tsp better than bouillon
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp coconut aminos or Bragg’s or tamari
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove minced garlic
- black pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain lentils. Add to the pot with all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer and cover.
- Cook covered until lentils are tender.
- Enjoy these on slider buns, in a burrito, with rice, on salad or even
- with crackers!
Kale salad with Almond Butter Dressing
Almond Butter Dressing
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 Tbsp tamari, soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl and mixed until combined.
- 1 large head of curly kale washed with the stems removed
- 1 c chopped mixed peppers
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes
- Tear kale into bite sized pieces and add to dressing bowl.
- Massage dressing into kale until it’s tender.
- Sprinkle on peppers and tomatoes. Enjoy!
Kawani Brown and her Daughter with Kale Salad and BBQ Sliders
Kale Salad with Almond Butter Dressing and BBQ Lentil sliders
BBQ Lentil Sliders
Kawani Brown’s Children’s Books (available on Amazon.com) http://amzn.to/2tCdubD