Ted Lai from Plant Alchemy, @eatplantalchemy (on Instagram) is making Grilled Reuben Sandwiches with his homemade gooey cheese and bread, along with his unique #plantalchemy seitan corned beef. #LunchBreakLIVE#JaneUnChained
RECIPES: Easy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet Potato Fries can also be cooked in a traditional oven.
- 3 sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 Tbsp (or less) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Harissa seasoning
- Heat a pot of water (about a gallon) on the stove. Salt the water with about 1 Tbsp. sea salt.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice in 1/2” sticks.
- When the water is boiling, add the sweet potatoes and boil for about 4 minutes. The goal is not to cook it till it’s done. Just pre-cook a little to release the starches. This will make the fries more crispy.
- Drain the potatoes, add oil, and season with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings. I use Harissa seasoning. Cumin is excellent as is chili powder. Mix gently so the sweet potatoes don’t break up.
- Place in an air fryer at highest setting and cook for about 12-15 minutes, shaking the basket intermittently.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, then bake in an oven at 425° for about 15 minutes. When fries are cooked to the crispiness you desire, sprinkle a little more salt on them and serve.
Russian Dressing (for sandwich)
- 1/2 c vegan mayo (Vegenaise, Just Mayo or Best Foods)
- 1/4 c Ketchup (365 Whole Foods brand)
- 2 tsp Vegan Worcestershire (Robbie’s)
- 1 – 2 tsp mustard
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together until blended into a light pink color
- Adjust ingredients to personal taste
Classic Reuben Sandwich
INGREDIENTS (serves two)
- sour dough bread
- 2 Tbsp Eat Plant Alchemy’s “Gooey Cheese” or Heidi Ho’s “Creamy” Cheeze
- sauerkraut (any available brand)
- Eat Plant Alchemy’s “Corned Beef” or any available ready-made seitan, thinly sliced and soaked in brine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 spray of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Miyoko’s Creamery Butter
- Place 1 Tbsp of Miyoko’s butter in a sauté pan and grill two slices of sour dough bread (open face) on one side
- Place spreadable cheese on both slices
- Place corned beef or thinly slices seitan on both slices
- Place sauerkraut on both slices
- Remove sandwiches from pan, add 1 Tbsp of Miyoko’s butter to the pan, place each sandwich back into the pan, and top each sandwich with remaining slice of sour dough bread and grill on the other side
- After the Reuben sandwich is assembled and off the heat, add the Russian dressing
Eat Plant Alchemy Reuban Sandwich, Sweet Potato Fries and Creamy Tomato Soup
Ted Lai from Eat Plant Alchemy with Reuben Sandwich and Sweet Potato Fries