RECIPE: Terrific Tempeh Bacon Pizza Bagels
Serves 2-4 people
- 2 boxes of Rachel’s Pizza Bagels
- 1 garlic bulb
- Handful of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 splash of olive oil (for garlic)
- 1/2 package of tempeh (cut into thin strips)
- 4 medium sized leaves of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or vegan butter
- 2-3 tablespoons of Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or coconut nectar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the top of the garlic bulb so it exposes each clove.
- Drizzle olive oil over exposed cloves and wrap in foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cloves are cooked thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 420 degrees F
- Place pizza bagels in the oven according to instructions. (You can use a toaster oven if preferred.)
- While baking pizza bagels, pour 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on pan on medium heat.
- Place strips of tempeh bacon on pan.
- Cook for 1 minute, then flip.
- Add Tamari and flip.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes flipping midway.
- Lower heat and add maple syrup or coconut nectar. Flip and cook for 20-30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Place pizza bagels on plate. Use fork to remove garlic cloves from bulb and place on each pizza bagel with a strip of bacon and a tomato slice.