Biljana Milasin, our guest chef on #LunchBreakLIVE is making Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Surprise using Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods Amaranth Flour – so they're gluten free. Please "like" Biljana's FB page: Unity Community Preschool Get the recipes here: http://bit.ly/2qX0hqD
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Biljana Milasin, our guest chef on #LunchBreakLIVE is making Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Surprise using Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods Amaranth Flour – so they’re gluten free. Please “like” Biljana’s FB page: Unity Community Preschool
All Natural Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Surprise
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed + 6 tbsp water (vegan “eggs”)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon and/or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose baking flour (or whole wheat or brown rice flour would also work)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (PaschaChocolate.com)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the flax egg and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the olive oil, zucchini and vanilla in a medium bowl,
- Stir in the flax egg.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt;
- Mix until just wet and ingredients are combined, then fold in cranberries, walnuts pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 6 muffin tins, sprayed with cooking spray (I used organic coconut oil spray).
- Bake about 18 minutes or until browned and a knife comes out clean.
Notes: Vegan, gluten Free, processed sugan free!