Learn how to make Italian Wedding Soup with 40-Year-Old Vegan, Sandra Sellani! This soup will put you in the mood for love! Get Sandra's new book here: bit.ly/2JVMLBL – It's a great wedding gift! #LunchBreakLIVE
Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Sunday, March 19, 2017
Learn how to make Italian Wedding Soup with 40-Year-Old Vegan, Sandra Sellani! This soup will put you in the mood for love! Get Sandra’s new book here: bit.ly/2JVMLBL – It’s a great wedding gift! #LunchBreakLIVE
RECIPE: Vegan Italian Wedding Soup from the 40-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook:
• 1 T. olive oil (or vegetable broth)
• 1 c. white onion, diced
• 2 celery stalks, diced
• 1 large carrot, diced
• 2 c. baby spinach leaves, stems removed, loosely packed
• 3/4 c. “acini de pepe” pasta (small, granular pasta – if you cannot find this Israeli couscous is a good substitute)
• 8 c. vegetable broth
• 1 package Field Roast vegan Italian Style Sausage, case removed, diced
• Vegan Parmesan cheese (Recommended brand, Follow Your Heart) *
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Sauté celery, onion and carrot in 1 Tbsp olive oil until softened, 3-5 minutes.
2. Add broth and bring to boil.
3. Add pasta and reduce heat to medium.
4. Cook according to package directions (about 8 minutes).
5. When pasta is cooked, add sausage slices and spinach and stir until wilted, a few minutes. Sausage slices should be heated through and do not have to be cooked.
6. Serve immediately and garnish with vegan parmesan cheese.