VEGAN BUTTER MUSHROOM MASALA
INGREDIENTS serving size 3-4
– 10 ounces, mushrooms, chopped
– 6 garlic cloves, chopped
– 4 green chilis chopped
– 1-inch piece ginger, grated
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 big or 3 small tomatoes
– 7 cashews
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
– 2 tablespoons vegan butter (Miyoko’s Creamery Cultured Vegan Butter)
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
– Salt, to taste
– Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Heat oil and butter in a non-stick pan. Add onion, garlic, green chili and ginger and sauté until translucent. Add a pinch of salt while sautéeing so that onion cooks faster.
- Add the mushroom and sauté until it develops some color.
- Meanwhile, grind the tomatoes and the cashews together adding a little water to form a smooth paste.
- Add this ground paste along with red chili powder, garam masala powder, and turmeric powder to the cooked mushrooms and onion and bring it to a boil. Adjust the salt and water for desired consistency. This might take about 4 to 5 minutes
- Add the non-dairy milk and again bring to a boil. Finally, add the dried fenugreek leaves, mix well, and cook for one minute or until you get the desired consistency.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.