Cheezy Stuffed Meatballs and Pasta
4 Beyond Meat “The Beyond Burger” patties
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley
1/2 onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg Daiya Swiss style slice, sliced into 1/2 inch squares (or your favorite vegan cheese)
2 Tbsp olive oil (to sauté “meatballs”)
1 pkg spaghetti
1 16 oz jar pasta sauce
- Bring water for pasta to a boil and cook according to package directions.
- Using your hands, combine the 4 Beyond Meat patties until it looks like ground “meat”
- Combine garlic, parsley, onion, salt & pepper into the patties until well dispersed.
- Take approximately 2 Tbsp of the pattie mixture and flatten into a small disc and then place several cheese squared into the center and fold over until it creates a round ball and compress firmly.
- Heat olive oil in pan to medium heat
- Add “meatballs leaving 1inch space between each one
- Cook “meatballs” 1 – 2 minutes on each side until browned, turning as necessary
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add pasta sauce to the “meatball” pan
- Simmer on low for 2 – 3 minutes
- Drain pasta, and add to “meatballs & sauce” until pasta is fully covered
- Plate and enjoy!!!
1 – 2 bunches of kale
1 lemon, halved
few sprays of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1/3 c nutritional yeast
Coat bottom of pan with water
- Heat the pan, add the kale and the remaining ingredients
- Cover and steam for 3 – 4 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!!!