Cold and rainy day? Make this Hot & Creamy Potato Leek Soup and warm up on the inside.
Hot and Creamy Potato Leek Soup
Recipe inspired by Jill Nussinow’s “The New Fast-Food” http://www.theveggiequeen.com/product/the-new-fast-food-the-veggie-queen-pressure-cooks-book-paperback/ also available as an ebook at: http://www.theveggiequeen.com
3 large leeks, chopped
4 cups cubed Yukon gold potatoes
6 cups vegetable broth
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Garnish with Kelly’s Smokey Cheesy Chipotle Parm
1. Place leeks, potatoes and garlic into the pressure cooker with 6 cups of vegetable stock at high pressure for 4 minutes.
2. Use the “quick release” method to reduce the pressure and open the lid so the steam does not come toward you.
3. Place 1/2 of the soup into a blender and process on low until it becomes creamy. Avoid over-blend not to create a smoothie like consistency.
4. Pour blended soup back into the pressure cooker and gently mix until combined.
5. Ladle into bowls and garnish generously with parsley, fresh thyme and Kelly’s Smokey Cheezy Chipotle Parm